We are looking for a professional Barbecue Chef in our kitchen, following our Executive Chef’s specifications and guidelines. The successful candidate will employ its culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our customers’ satisfaction.
- A genuine passion for food, people and the overall hospitality experience.
- Previous experience in cooking over a char grill an advantage.
- 2 + years of proven kitchen experience will be an added advantage.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Working to standards and recipes.
- Advanced understanding & appreciation of all aspects of food & its service.
- Advanced communication skills.
- Flawless presentation, hygiene & grooming standards.
- Physically fit to lift heavy items.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Performs preparatory work such as cutting meat, skewering meat, mixing sauces among others
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
We Also Have
Please Note :: The Luke Hotel DO NOT ASK FOR MONEY OR ANY FAVORS FROM APPLICANTS. ALL OUR INTERVIEWS SHALL TAKE PLACE IN OUR HOTEL AND firstname.lastname@example.org USED TO RESPOND TO OUR EMAILS.
The Luke Hotel will not be liable or take any responsibility in any eventuality.
We are looking for a Restaurant Manager to lead all aspects of our business. You will deliver a high-quality menu and motivate our staff to provide excellent customer service.
We’ll expect you to lead by example and uplift our staff during busy moments in our fast-paced environment.